Cedar wraps add an exciting and unique twist to backyard cooking. Simply soak the cedar wraps in water for five minutes, wrap them around any meat, fruit or veggie you'd normally grill, and enjoy an intense infusion of smoky flavor! These versatile additions to your flavor arsenal are also perfect on the stovetop, in the oven or over your next remote campfire. You shouldn't have to eat a bland meal just because you're short on time or don't want to tackle a challenging recipe.
Our Favorite Cedar Wrap Recipes
We have tested many recipes when cooking with cedar wraps, and we happen to have a few favorites that always receive rave reviews:
- Cedar Wrapped Salmon with Basil Olive Vinaigrette
- Cedar Wrapped Asian Salmon with Vegetables
- Cedar Wrapped Salmon with Sweet Balsamic Mustard Sauce
- Cedar Wrapped Shrimp Tacos
- Smoked Adobo Chicken Tacos
It's not just about cedar wrap salmon, of course. Chicken breast really soaks up the smoky flavor, and it's even better when stuffed with prosciutto, arugula, and a little Parmesan cheese. If you're cooking chicken in the wraps, sear both sides of the chicken directly on the grill pan and then place them in the cedar wraps to speed up the cooking time.
We love getting creative by topping our seafood and chicken with citrus slices, assorted herbs, and thinly sliced vegetables. However, we also enjoy simply cooking vegetables with our cedar wraps. Here are some of our favorite combinations:
- Toss fresh asparagus spears with lemon juice and olive oil, top with freshly grated parmesan cheese and kalamata olives, and cook to your liking.
- Drizzle sliced zucchini sticks with lemon and olive oil, cook, and sprinkle with crumbled feta and fresh mint.
- Toss sliced portobello mushroom caps with balsamic and olive oil, top with roasted red peppers and goat cheese, cook, and garnish with fresh basil.
How to Cook With Cedar Wraps
- SOAK wraps in water in a shallow dish for 10 minutes (use a small bottle as a weight).
- HEAT grill or stove top pan to 400℉ or medium-high heat. Place food face down in center of soaked wrap parallel to grain of wood. Fold wrap's edges towards each other until they overlap. Tie with cotton string or place seam side down on grill grate or pan.
- SMOKE wrapped food directly on grill grates or pan, close lid (if using grill), and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until food is done to your liking.
- EAT Serve cedar wrapped foods straight to the dinner table and enjoy!
In the Oven:
- PREHEAT oven to 400℉.
- PLACE cedar wraps on baking sheet lined with foil
- ROAST in oven for 8-10 minutes for salmon and vegetables and slightly longer for chicken (a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken should register 165℉)
**Tip: soak wraps in wine, sake, or bourbon for extra flavor. Keep open bottles of alcohol away from heat source!
Our premium, all-natural western red cedar wraps are only $13.99 for a pack of 8 or $30.99 for a case of 24!