No products in the cart.
Cooking With Cedar Wraps: 5 Recipes to Try This Season
This time of year when the cold sets in, grilling outdoors sometimes takes a back seat and warm soups and stews become regulars on the menu. If you are like us, we miss those warm nights and delicious grilled fare. Well Fire & Flavor’s Cedar Wraps might just be the answer. Of course they are easy to use and delicious on the grill, but they are also perfect for your stovetop pan or oven. Cooking with Cedar Wraps is a fun way to switch up your weeknight meals and give you the taste of warm weather that is hopefully just around the corner.
Our Favorite Cedar Wrap Recipes
We have tested many recipes when cooking with cedar wraps, and we happen to have a few favorites that always receive rave reviews: Cedar Wrapped Salmon with Basil Olive Vinaigrette, Cedar Wrapped Asian Salmon with Vegetables, and Cedar Wrapped Salmon with Sweet Balsamic Mustard Sauce. Our Cedar Wrapped Shrimp Tacos and Smoked Adobo Chicken Tacos are both family favorites and great options when cooking for a larger crowd.
Of course cedar wraps aren’t just for salmon. Chicken breast really soak up the smoky flavor and are even better when stuffed with prosciutto, arugula, and a little Parmesan cheese. If you are cooking chicken in the wraps sear both sides of the chicken directly on the grill pan and then place them in the cedar wraps to speed up the cooking time.
We love getting creative by topping our seafood and chicken with citrus slices, assorted herbs, and thinly sliced vegetables. However, we also enjoy simply cooking vegetables with our cedar wraps. Here are some of our favorite combinations:
- Toss fresh asparagus spears with lemon juice and olive oil, top with freshly grated parmesan cheese and kalamata olives, and cook to your liking.
- Drizzle sliced zucchini sticks with lemon and olive oil, cook, and sprinkle with crumbled feta and fresh mint.
- Toss sliced portobello mushroom caps with balsamic and olive oil, top with roasted red peppers and goat cheese, cook, and garnish with fresh basil.
How to Cook With Cedar Wraps
- SOAK wraps in water in a shallow dish for 10 minutes (use a small bottle as a weight).
- HEAT grill or stove top pan to 400℉ or medium-high heat. Place food face down in center of soaked wrap parallel to grain of wood. Fold wrap’s edges towards each other until they overlap. Tie with cotton string or place seam side down on grill grate or pan.
- SMOKE wrapped food directly on grill grates or pan, close lid (if using grill), and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until food is done to your liking.
- EAT Serve cedar wrapped foods straight to the dinner table and enjoy!
In the Oven:
- PREHEAT oven to 400℉.
- PLACE cedar wraps on baking sheet lined with foil
- ROAST in oven for 8-10 minutes for salmon and vegetables and slightly longer for chicken (a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken should register 165℉)
**Tip: soak wraps in wine, sake, or bourbon for extra flavor. Keep open bottles of alcohol away from heat source!