Recipe by: Katie Throne
Find her on Instagram @castironkt
If you haven't tried smoking cream cheese yet you are missing out! This recipe is an instant crowd favorite. The cheese holds up to the smoke, miraculously retains its form and transforms into the most delicious marshmallowy smoked cheese you will ever eat! Have fun with it and try different toppings! Serve it with toasted crostinis or crackers.
What you need
- 2 - 8 oz blocks of cream cheese
- Fire & Flavor Chicken Rub
- Olive Oil
- Hot Honey
- Candied Jalapenos
- Fire & Flavor Cedar Plank
1. Put the cream cheese blocks in their wrappers in the freezer for 30 minutes. Remove them and place them on a pre-soaked cedar plank.
2. Rub the cheese blocks with a little olive oil to help the rub adhere. Coat the blocks in your favorite rub.
3. Lightly score the cheese blocks about 1/4 inch deep.
4. Smoke for 2 hours at 200 degrees. I used a pellet smoker with a hickory blend.
5. Remove from the smoker and top with hot honey and candied jalapenos and serve with crackers.
Score the cheese before grilling