It's the time of year where everyone is making plans to get home for Thanksgiving dinner. So how do we make this years bird the best ever? It's easy, BRINE your bird!
The best news yet is that brining your bird is crazy SIMPLE and will make you look like a master chef! Lets walk through it!
1. Prep//Clean your thawed turkey. Remove any items like giblets or neck.
2. Mix the brine ingredients with 4 quarts of water (16 cups) over medium heat. Let this mix fully dissolve.
3. Pour the brine into the brine bag over your turkey. Add 2 quarts of ice (8 cups), 3 quarts of water (12 cups) and 1/2 cup of vinegar.
4. Seal the bag and remove excess air.
5. Place in an iced cooler or refrigerator. Allow 1 hour per pound. Do not over-brine.
6. Remove your bird from the bag and discard the solution and bag. Pat turkey dry, inside and out.
7. Brush melted butter on entire bird and generously apply Turkey Perfect Dry Rub.
8. Place in oven at 325 degrees. Cook to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
9. Slice, serve and enjoy!